5 Steps to Creating a Positive Online Presence
- Think before you post negative or inappropriate things.
- Proofread everything you post online.
- Keep your online profiles up-to-date.
- Highlight your accomplishments and experience.
- Take advantages of networking opportunities.
How do you create a positive digital footprint?
Here are some ways to do just that.
- Be diverse. Being active on many different social-media platforms will spread your exposure.
- Be creative. Social media allow you to showcase your creativity.
- Be articulate.
- Be friendly and social.
- Be yourself.
How do you create a professional online presence?
Here are some of the websites where you should create an online profile. Do be sure to actively manage your profiles so they are up-to-date.
How to Create Professional Online Profiles
- LinkedIn Profile.
- Professional Facebook Page.
- Twitter Profile.
- Personal Website or Blog.
- Write an About Me Page for Your Site.
What is a positive online reputation?
A positive online reputation, like you, is a real entity. Someone truly said, “Your reputation walks 2 feet ahead of you.” It represents the unified mental construct everyone shares about you.
What is your online presence?
An online presence is any existence of an individual or business that can be found via an online search. An example of an individual who is not active on the Internet but who has a online presence is one who is a member of an association that has a member directory listing online.