- Begin with “Figure” and then the number of the figure in italics.
- Include a descriptive phrase about the figure.
- Note the source or reference where you found the figure.
- Include the author’s first and second initial as well as their surname.
- Note the copyright information for the figure.
How do you reference a figure in text?
In-text citations should include the author/artist/designer and date. The Reference List should include the author/artist/designer, date, title, format, publisher, viewed date and <URL>.
Images used as Figures
- Figures need to be numbered e.g. Figure 1.
- Number all Figures in the order they first appear in the text.
How do you in text cite a picture in APA?
Try to find as much information as possible when citing an image and include it in the citation.
- Basic Format: Artist Last Name, First Initial.
- Image Without Author: Title of work [Type of work]. (
- Image With No Author, Title, or Date. [Subject and type of work].
- Google Images:
How do you cite using APA?
APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14). For sources such as websites and e-books that have no page numbers, use a paragraph number.
How do you reference a figure in an essay?
- Refer to the graph in your text.
- Place the caption underneath the graph.
- Provide a brief description of the graph.
- List the author’s name.
- Provide the title of the book or other resource.
- Include the book’s location, publisher, and year inside parentheses.
- Finish with a page number and the resource format.
How do you reference a figure in text Harvard?
To be made up of:
- Year of publication (in round brackets)
- Title of book (in italics)
- Place of publication: publisher.
- Page number or figure number for graph.
How do you reference an image?
List of references
- author (if available)
- year produced (if available)
- title of image (or a description)
- Format and any details (if applicable)
- name and place of the sponsor of the source.
- accessed day month year (the date you viewed/ downloaded the image)
- URL or Internet address (between pointed brackets)
How do you cite a picture from Google in APA?
How to cite an image from Google Images in APA:
- In APA, if the image does not have a formal title, describe the image and place the description in brackets.
- If the author AND the title of the image are both missing, create a description, place it in brackets, and include the year and the URL (see the example below)
How do you cite a picture?
Structure of a citation for an image found on a website in MLA 8: Creator’s Last name, First name. “Title of the digital image.” Title of the website, First name Last name of any contributors, Version (if applicable), Number (if applicable), Publisher, Publication date, URL.