Here are 15 easy ways to lower blood sugar levels naturally:
- Exercise Regularly.
- Control Your Carb Intake.
- Increase Your Fiber Intake.
- Drink Water and Stay Hydrated.
- Implement Portion Control.
- Choose Foods With a Low Glycemic Index.
- Control Stress Levels.
- Monitor Your Blood Sugar Levels.
What foods will lower blood sugar quickly?
Below are some of the best foods for people looking to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Whole wheat or pumpernickel bread. Pumpernickel has a low GI score and fewer carbs than other breads.
- Most fruits.
- Sweet potatoes and yams.
- Oatmeal and oat bran.
- Most nuts.
- Cold-water fish.
What should I do if my blood sugar is over 400?
Because your sugar is likely to be higher if you are ill, also ask your healthcare provider for a “sick day plan.” Very high blood sugar above 400 mg/dL (22.2 mmol/L) can be a medical emergency. In many cases it must be treated right away with IV fluids and insulin.
What should I eat if my blood sugar is high?
Here are seven foods that Powers says can help keep your blood sugar in check and make you happy and healthy to boot.
- Raw, Cooked, or Roasted Vegetables. These add color, flavor, and texture to a meal.
- Flavorful, Low-calorie Drinks.
- Melon or Berries.
- Whole-grain, Higher-fiber Foods.
- A Little Fat.
What is a dangerous level of blood sugar?
Interpreting the results
|Fasting blood sugar level||Risk level and suggested action|
|90–120 mg/dl||Normal range|
|120–160 mg/dl||Medium: Seek medical attention|
|160–240 mg/dl||Too high: Work to bring down blood sugar levels|
|240–300 mg/dl||Much too high: This could be a sign of ineffective glucose management, so see a doctor|
3 more rows