- Can I use a PO box as a legal address?
- Do you need a street address for a PO box?
- Can a homeless person get a PO box?
- How can I get mail if I don’t have an address?
- Can I use a PO box as proof of residency?
- Does a PO box count as residence?
- How do you write an address with a PO box?
- How can I find out if someone has a post office box?
- Can you receive mail at both your home address and PO box?
Can you use a PO box for mail and residency?
Without a physical address, you cannot get a Post Office Box.
However, you can use “General Delivery” as an address, and mail in your name will be held at the office in your city which handles GD mail.
Can I use a PO box as a legal address?
Many forms will ask for a street address, and will specifically state no PO boxes. However, neither a PO Box nor a “private mail box” can be used as a “registered” address for legal notices. People generally use their law firm for purpose of their business’ registered address, or pay a “Registered Agent” service.
Do you need a street address for a PO box?
As others have indicated, you simply use the P O Box number as your address. When you order merchandise that is delivered by couriers other than the Postal Service, you must use your physical address, as they will not be able to deliver it to the P O Box. The P O Box is only for U S Mail.
Can a homeless person get a PO box?
Then of course there’s Post Office boxes (P.O. Boxes). Depending on how busy or small your local post office is, you can always just pay to keep a PO Box open for a certain amount of time and pick your mail up there. Most homeless people do have some form of money or income coming in, though it may not be much.
How can I get mail if I don’t have an address?
There are a few ways to receive packages when you don’t have an address.
- Use a Mail Forwarding Service for all paper mail.
- Get packages shipped to your local USPS location by using General Delivery.
- Borrow an address.
Can I use a PO box as proof of residency?
Depends on the state. I believe your license has to state your Physical Address but can also show your PO Box. But here’s the truth : you can’t get EITHER a License or a Po Box without Physical proof of your current address. So you’ll still have to provide your physical address despite your owning a po box.
Does a PO box count as residence?
Some US states require that you live in the location for only six months, while others require a full year to establish residency. You will need an actual street address in your new state, and not a P.O. box or a private mail box (PMB) address, which is often listed as only a street address.
How do you write an address with a PO box?
- Start the delivery address in the center of the envelope.
- Write the recipient’s first and last name on the first line.
- Note the company or organization.
- Provide the PO Box number.
- Add the city, state, and postal code to the last line.
How can I find out if someone has a post office box?
Find a P.O. Box at usps.com
- Customers don’t have to visit or call Post Offices to find an available Post Office box anymore.
- To check it out, go to www.usps.com and click on Locate a Post Office in the upper right-hand corner.
- The Web site will produce a list of the closest Post Offices along with Post Office box information for each office.
Can you receive mail at both your home address and PO box?
With that, you may certainly have mail addressed to either address. There are no regulations prohibiting mail delivery to both a PO Box and a street address simultaneously provided the street address is serviced by the USPS.